While everyone's knowledge of transparent materials is still stuck in glass products, acrylic is gradually replacing glass through its performance advantages. This material also has a transparent texture, brilliant color, pattern, and shape of how good, we introduce the following aspects.
Acrylic is commonly known as special treatment plexiglass, the chemical name of a polymethyl methacrylate, its transparency, and translucency as glass, is an important thermoplastic developed earlier.
Acrylic research and development, a hundred years ago. 1872 acrylic polymerization was discovered; 1880 the polymerization of methacrylic acid is known; 1901 acrylic polypropionate synthesis method was completed after the research was used in industry and are used, such as aircraft windshields, tank vision mirrors, etc.. Until 1948, the birth of the world's first acrylic bathtub, marking a new milestone in the application of acrylic in the design industry.
1. High light transmission rate, pure acrylic transparent plate light transmission rate in more than 90%. The same reference to 6mm, compared to glass, ordinary glass light transmission rate is generally 82-83%, 6mm ultra-white glass light transmission rate in 90%-92%.
2. Light density, acrylic is a fairly lightweight material, density is only 1.17 ~ 1.20g/cm³, about half of ordinary glass, 43% of metal aluminum.
Acrylic has excellent electrical insulation, in many electronic products should be too, such as tablet computers, cell phones, computers, stereos, televisions, and other products used in some of the very small components insulators.
4. Strong impact resistance, is sixteen times the ordinary glass, with almost no risk of fracture.
5. Acrylic plasticity, can be processed at will into the required shape. Acrylic material is lighter than ordinary glass materials, cutting and processing technology is not complex, so acrylic products can basically meet the needs of all walks of life to customize the product.
6. Not afraid of moisture, not afraid of water, not mold, not bacteria. Acrylic water and moisture resistance are very strong, used to do fish tanks, bathtubs are no problem, but also can be used to do infinity pools and aquariums.
The difference between acrylic and PVC, acrylic and PVC are two very different two materials, PVC plate is made of PVC as raw material cross-sectional honeycomb mesh structure of the plate. Is a vacuum blister film, used for all kinds of panels of surface packaging, so also known as decorative film, adhesive film, used in building materials, packaging, medicine, and many other industries.
The acrylic molding process is divided into casting, injection molding, extrusion, thermoforming, etc.
Casting is mainly used for the forming of sheets and rods, and the formed acrylic products require further processing before they can be used. Cast acrylic sheets have high stiffness and strength and are very flexible in terms of color and texture.
Injection molding is done with pellets made from suspended poly sheer as raw material on a common plunger or screw injection molding machine at a temperature of about 220-250°C. During the process, it should be noted that the fluidity of acrylic pellets is poor, the flow resistance of the injection molding system should be small, the gate should be larger side gates, and the inner wall should be smooth.
Extrusion is the production of suspension polymerization of acrylic pellets, through the form of extrusion into acrylic sheets, rods, tubes, sheets, etc. This process has high production efficiency, high product flexibility, conducive to bending and thermoforming processing.
The thermoforming process is to clamp the standard size embryo of acrylic sheet or sheet cut on the mold frame, heat it to soften it, and then press it to make it close to the mold surface to get the desired shape, and then trim the edges to get the final product after cooling and shaping.
①Acrylic sheets should avoid contact with organic solvents.
②The use of temperature should not exceed 85 ℃, should not be lower than 9.2 ℃.
③ acrylic sheet cold and hot expansion coefficient is very large, should consider leaving expansion gap.
④ Clean acrylic sheet should not use hard objects or dry wipe, otherwise, it is easy to rub the surface.
In 2012, Xinyutai Enterprise established an R&D team that specializes in high-quality research and design of top-quality acrylic products. We have developed market insights regarding price points of cosmetic storage, bathroom, kitchen supplies, and office stationery products for the European and American markets. Please feel free to contact us if you need acrylic storage boxes or other acrylic products.